Sender:Mark Fink markdfink@...
Date/Time:2014-Dec-28 18:45:14
Subject:RE: Re: PTGui and stitching aerial images

PanoTools NG: RE: Re: PTGui and stitching aerial images Mark Fink markdfink@... 2014-Dec-28 18:45:14
Unfortunately the GPS does not include heading. I'll check to see if I can get that from the flight controller on the hexacopter.

Happy New Year to all!

Mark

Picture Us On Your Walls
www.northernlight.net

> Maybe this question has already been answered, but can embedded GPS coordinates
> be used to do a rough assembly of images prior to creating control points? For
> example, I take a series of aerial images that have GPS coordinates embedded.
> Using the PTGui control point generator could create erroneous control points if
> the terrain doesn't have a lot of unique features. Being able to give PTGui
> rough placement of the images so that it knows images 3,4,5, and 6 share
> overlap, but images 7,8,9, and 10 do not would prevent control points being
> generated between images 4 and 9. Is this possible?

Does your GPS data include heading information? If yes you can simply
use it as Yaw value. Coordinates only won't help, since they won't
differ if the camera is rotated around itself. Most probably the jitter
will be much higher than the actual position differences.

Extract the heading and write it into a project file or papywizard XML
could even be automatized using exiftool in a script.

Happy new year anyone
Erik Krause

Posted by: Erik Krause <#removed#>

Yahoo Groups Links