Sender:Erik Krause erik.krause@...
Date/Time:2015-Jun-07 20:59:22
Subject:Re: fisheye distorsion and control points

PanoTools NG: Re: fisheye distorsion and control points Erik Krause erik.krause@... 2015-Jun-07 20:59:22
Am 29.05.2015 um 21:54 schrieb Enrique Molano:
> Hi allI am trying to write my custom stitching software using libapno
> and have some doubts about fisheye distorsion removal.In the
> stitching process I have seen that you find the control points, then
> you remove distorsion and then you stitch the images, is this the
> right workflow?I am confussed because I use the original images to
> find the control points but then I remove distorsion, wouldn't that
> change my image and I may lose control points ? the fisheye
> distorsion removal changes the images and most algorithms I have seen
> crop the image at the end so I may lose control points and reduce my
> overlap area.

Sorry for late answer. Panotools does all image manipulations in one
step. There is no separate fisheye distortion removal, at least not with
an intermediary image. Control points are remapped to a sphere in order
to calculate alignment, which is done by the optimizer. The input images
are then directly mapped from input to output projection using a
function stack.

However, for specific programming questions you better ask in the
hugin-ptx mailing list, where the panotools development takes place:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/hugin-ptx

--
Erik Krause
http://www.erik-krause.de