Sender:Helmut Dersch
Date/Time:2000-Apr-30 21:01:53
Subject:Re: Partial Vertical Uneven Panos

proj-imim: Re: Partial Vertical Uneven Panos Helmut Dersch 2000-Apr-30 21:01:53
Ed Howard wrote:

> 1). The ability to load an uneven pano - eg.. from 10 degrees above the
> horizon to 90 below - as in the case of an aerial Pano where up is just sky.
> The image would load faster....

Ed,

There is a very simple solution: Expand the image by adding a single colored
stripe making it symmetrical, then convert via Panorama Tools. This stripe
doesn't take up any significant bandwidth in the jpeg-compressed image. For playback
you have to add appropriate tiltmin/max values.

> Or in the case of the cyclovision lens which is somthing like +10 to -55 or
> the opposite depending on camera orientation,

I have just finished a calibration of the cyclovision mirror which I
will post soon. It allows you to create qtvr and PTViewer panos using
my software, and uses the above mentioned trick.

Helmut Dersch