Sender:Ken Turkowski
Date/Time:2000-May-16 03:41:41
Subject:Re: New QuickTime version coming

proj-imim: Re: New QuickTime version coming Ken Turkowski 2000-May-16 03:41:41
On 5/15/2000 3:02 PM, Paul Ellis <#removed#> said:

>It says here: http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2000/may/15qt.html
>
>> Additionally, Apple gave developers at WWDC a sneak preview of its next
>> version of QuickTime, which will be available this summer and includes
>> cross-platform support for MPEG-1 and MPEG-2, Flash 4 for web animation, and
>> an enhanced QuickTime VR playback function providing unlimited spherical
>> of virtual-reality scenes.
>
>Spherical playback. Is this a bundling of iPIX' QT components, or
>Apple-developed using proper bilinear rendering, I wonder?

This exciting new runtime engine is based upon a cubic environment. Like
a sphere, a cube also surrounds space completely. When panning, point
sampling is used for speed, and when the button is released, a higher
quality rendering of the scene is done with bilinear sampling, as with
the cylindrical rendering engine.

Ken Turkowski          Immersive Media Technology Development
Apple Computer, Inc.   mailto:#removed#
1 Infinite Loop        http://www.worldserver.com/turk/
MS 302-3VR             voice: +1 408 974 6699
Cupertino, CA 95014