Sender:Erik Krause
Date/Time:2005-Sep-18 12:03:45
Subject:Re: Topic Tags & off-topic threads

PanoTools: Re: Topic Tags & off-topic threads Erik Krause 2005-Sep-18 12:03:45
On 17 Sep 2005 at 18:47, Eric O'Brien wrote:

> Another thing that would be VERY helpful is if people would not simply
> hit "reply" if the intended subject of their mail is NOT in reply to
> the message they are reading!  As has been noted repeatedly, many email
> clients offer the ability to reveal the threads of a discussion.
>
> It is VERY confusing, disorienting, irritating, when off-topic messages
> are included in a thread simply because someone failed to take the time
> to create a new message.  Note that changing the "Subject: " line will
> NOT "unthread" a message.  You must create an entirely new message.
>
> Rule of thumb:  Are you changing the subject of discussion, or creating
> a new subject of discussion?  Then please CREATE A NEW MESSAGE, and
> send that.  Do NOT use "reply!"

I'll second that strongly, as well as topic tags

I'll add some posting hints to
http://wiki.panotools.org/Become_A_member
if there are no objections. Then we have a page we can point newbies
to. Or is there a better place?

best regards
--
Erik Krause