Sender:
Date/Time:1970-Jan-01 01:00:00
Subject:Re: Stand alone viewer

proj-imim: Re: Stand alone viewer 1970-Jan-01 01:00:00
> After several years since the introduction of QTVR, I'm so supprise
> that there are no decent standalone spherical viewer for Mac and PC

Director 8.5 is not released yet, but it is very easy to make panorama
viewers with Shockwave3D, you can even add other 3d and 2d elements
using a 3d ap or director. The result looks pretty good, for some reason it
only looks good when you have the hardware acceleration turned off,
otherwise the seams are visible and the number of colors are reduced.
With director you can make a stand allone "projector" that you could email
or put on a disk but unfortunately if you want it to be cross platform you
have to have a copy of director on your mac and PC and make seperate
"projector" projects :-(

I'll post an example in the next week or
two.