Sender:
Date/Time:1970-Jan-01 01:00:00
Subject:re: hardware accelorated players

proj-imim: re: hardware accelorated players 1970-Jan-01 01:00:00
> Shockwave 3D has the ability to be accellerated by DirectX OpenGL or via
> software and to automatically detect the plattform.
> I'm not shure but i think that 'RealViz Stitcher 3' can output in this
> format as wall as 'image modeler' will be.

This is true. However Shockwave3D is only working on the PC version at the
moment, Shockwave 3D output for the Mac version of Stitcher will be fixed in
the next update. There is a problem with the seams being visible when you turn
on hardware acceloration in Shockwave, so it is best just to use default
settings and let the CPU render the pano.

The only other hardware accelorated viewer i've seen is GLPanorama
http://www.panoguide.com/publish/software/glpanorama.html you can get great
frame rates at full screen with it (and motion blur), but it is only
cylindrical and is a PC stand alone viewer, not a web pluggin, so it might be
fun to play with, but not a practicle way to deliver
panos.