Sender:Alan Smallbone
Date/Time:1970-Jan-01 01:00:00
Subject:Re: FW: My Canon spherical VR rig

PanoTools: Re: FW: My Canon spherical VR rig Alan Smallbone 1970-Jan-01 01:00:00
Hi,

I have seen and used other cameras with the hole and it may be a standard, before I started usign Arca Swiss type quick release plates, the Manfrotto plates I used had a locating pin on their quick release plates that act as an anti rotation device, I know my Nikon and Canon could both use those pins to stop the plate from rotating under the camera while on the tripod. So it may well be at a standard distance and location from the tripod socket.

Alan