Sender:Gummy Bear
Date/Time:2000-May-01 17:06:29
Subject:Re: Features for PTViewer

proj-imim: Re: Features for PTViewer Gummy Bear 2000-May-01 17:06:29
<x-flowed>Hi Helmut,

Adding additional features to the applet is great,
but for me the most important thing you could do
now is to improve the performance of the applet and
get the stand alone viewers on par with this.

If you could get PTVJ to pan as quickly and
smoothly as the Live Picture applet, *and* make
it bulletproof, then adding more features becomes
icing on the cake, IMHO.

Best,

Gummy

>From: Helmut Dersch <#removed#>
>To: Immersive Imaging <#removed#>
>Subject: Features for PTViewer
>Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 21:43:52 +0100
>
>I would like to get to a stable, semifinal release
>and am collecting wishes. Version 0.9 will have:
>
>o Download feedback (thanks to Lim Kah Chuan for this trick!)
>
>o Any size and shape for hotspots (eg exactly outlined features).
>
>o Popup images for hotspots.
>
>o A couple of bugfixes.
>
>The requests for different control buttons can be solved
>by the user since they don't belong to the applet and
>are customizable via javascript.
>
>Progressive download looks quite difficult if not impossible.
>
>Helmut Dersch

</x-flowed>