Sender:Ken Turkowski
Date/Time:2000-May-16 19:48:39
Subject:Re: New QuickTime version coming

proj-imim: Re: New QuickTime version coming Ken Turkowski 2000-May-16 19:48:39
On 5/16/00 5:56 AM, Marcus Bointon <#removed#> said:

>Dang! And I was holding out for a tetrahedral model for my triangular CCD
>camera...

You could do a tetraheron if you want. I prefer the icosahedron because
it is more uniform in angular sampling density. This is an advanced
feature that is not well supported at the moment.

>Is there an obvious mapping from PSphere to cube in a single image (my brain
>gave up on this one)? Or will we have to deal with sets of six "tile"
>images?

We have an applet that you drop your equirectangular image onto, and it
produces a QTVR cubic panorama, ready to play.

>Is the controller going to be built as a wired thing like IPIX' QT
>components, so we can script it and have multiple instances?

The standard controller is the same as that of the cylindrical panorama.
You can also use wired actions and sprites to customize the controller,
script it, and have multiple instances, just like you can at the moment
with cylindrical panoramas.

-Ken-

Ken Turkowski                    #removed#
Immersive Imaging Technologist   #removed#
Apple Computer, Inc.             #removed#
1 Infinite Loop, MS 302-3VR      +1 (408) 974-6699
Cupertino, CA 95014              http://www.worldserver.com/turk/