Sender:Eric O'Brien
Date/Time:2000-Apr-29 20:41:22
Subject:Re: Nikon D1 w/PTools

proj-imim: Re: Nikon D1 w/PTools Eric O'Brien 2000-Apr-29 20:41:22
<x-flowed>I tried a fisheye on a D1, using PanoTools.  I haven't given up yet,
but I after many, many, many variations and a lot of puzzling, hour
and hours of work... I still was never able to get a result I
expected.  Even though my vertical field of view certainly was 180
degrees, the results were squashed -- I could never get the image to
fill the pano frame top to bottom.

On the D1, a fisheye image is 180 degrees the long way and about 120
degrees the narrow way.  This does not match a unclipped circular
image OR a full frame image.  NEITHER of those settings gave me what
I expected.

a Just as a guess, I'd say that both of those switches make
assumptions a the angle of view available in the image.

Any ideas Helmut?

eo

At 7:45 AM -0600 4/28/00, Gummy Bear wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Can anyone answer this question:
>
>If I were to use a Nikon D1 with
>an 8mm lens would it be considered
>a circular fisheye or a full frame
>fisheye for use in a PTools script?
>
>Maybe it doesn't really matter?
>
>However, the images I have seen with this set
>up are not typical due to the aspect ratio.
>
>I don't have a D1 (yet), but am curious...
>
>Thanks,
>
>Gummy

</x-flowed>