Sender:Peter Murphy
Date/Time:2000-Apr-29 21:26:41
Subject:Re: Nikon D1 w/PTools

proj-imim: Re: Nikon D1 w/PTools Peter Murphy 2000-Apr-29 21:26:41
Hi Eric

I used a 8mm Nikkor on a D1 and found that I had to
square the image (with Canvas Size) before I could get a
good script with the Optimizer - also with the D1 I used the
image was slightly offcentre in the frame so first I crop
each original image on one side by a few pixels to
centre the image. With a square centered image and a setting
of circ fisheye the Optimizer worked fine for me with
some tripod shots (average error about 1 pixel for 1949 by
1949 pixel source images). For the 8mm Nikkor I got a, b and
c of 0.0448 -0.1277 -0.0105 respectively

you may have seen my D1 sample movie (Zoom) I mentioned on the
qtvr list -http://www.culture.com.au/virtual/mycenae.htm
- this was four vertical handheld shots - the optimizer worked
well with these handheld shots too

Peter Murphy
www.culture.com.au/virtual