Sender:Jim Watters
Date/Time:2005-Sep-17 18:46:24
Subject:Re: Final alignment problems.

PanoTools: Re: Final alignment problems. Jim Watters 2005-Sep-17 18:46:24
>I have the equirectangular tiffs all fixed up and ready to go
>through panocube plus to turn into quicktime movies.
>Only problem is, how do I get them to align, in as much as to open
>with a specific view?

You can use QTpantiltfov to display the values and then generate an new
on based on those.
http://www.pinlady.net/vr/#anchor7

Use PTViewer.jar and the v key to display current values.
This displays horizontal FoV but PanCube will convert this to vertical
FoV that QT want for you.

You can use pano2qtvr and use the built in tool to get the correct values.
http://pano2qtvr.com/

>Also, when I move around in the movie files, the direction is very
>uncontrollable and erratic - certainly not what I want for publishing
>on the web.
>Any advice please?
>I can't wait to get this project finished and up.
>Many thanks
>Craig.

Not sure.  Need to see an example.  The finished mov could be too large
for your computer to handle smoothly.  Try making a smaller one and test it.

--

 Jim Watters

 Graphic Software Developer
 http://photocreations.ca