Sender:Mathew Waehner
Date/Time:2003-Dec-28 18:35:41
Subject:Re: Spherical Lighting Rigs-Links Please- 2nd Request

PanoTools: Re: Spherical Lighting Rigs-Links Please- 2nd Request Mathew Waehner 2003-Dec-28 18:35:41
Shawn:

I don't have a spherical lighting rig link for you, but I do have a
suggestion:  I often set my camera to automatically bracket the
exposure- giving me a under, normal and over exposure for each camera
position.  Then I stitch them into three panoramas and layer the
panoramas onto each other in Photoshop and use layer masks to paint in
the parts I need.  If you're not familiar with the technique, reply and
I will explain further.

Of course, this won't work for shots of dancing people.  (nice shot by
the way)  My suggestion to improve that is to maybe drag the shutter a
bit more and allow some motion blur- that would minimize the
front-light flash.  Of course, that depends what kind of look you are
going for...

I have to imagine a spherical lighting rig would give pretty much flat
frontal lighting, perhaps with the light elevated a few feet above the
camera position.

Matt

Mathew Waehner
M Waehner Photographic and Digital Arts
2333 McMullan Cir
Raleigh, NC 27608

http://mattwphoto.com/

On Sunday, December 28, 2003, at 12:03 PM, Shawn Steigner wrote:

> Anybody?.....
>
> > A short time ago there was a link to an advanced spherical lighting
> set-up.
> > It utilized a Bogen tripod on a dolly and was displayed in a
> warehouse of
> > some sort.
> > If anyone remembers, could they please send the link out again.
> > And any other examples of stable, re-doable spherical systems would
> be
> > greatly appreciated.
> >
> > Here's an example of what we're trying to accomplish with more
> acceptable
> > results:
> > http://photosurveyor.com/101/
> >
> > Thanks in advance-