Sender:franpar127
Date/Time:2005-Sep-16 16:06:25
Subject:Re: Relative Paths in PtGui Batch... and temp file sizes

PanoTools: Re: Relative Paths in PtGui Batch... and temp file sizes franpar127 2005-Sep-16 16:06:25
That's great! Although I was hoping if you could answer one question
I asked a few days ago.

Is it possible to calculate an estimate of the required space needed
for the temp files (based on specified output format & other
settings) before you click the "create panorama" button? Or does this
vary so much with the *content* of the images that a useful estimate
isn't possible?

I always watch the temp file sizes while it is processing, and got
the impression that the temp file sizes were somewhat consistent with
the output size.

This would be helpful for those stitching large panoramas. (I've been
stitching 36 image panoramas (3 rows x 12)with files about 3.2 MB
each (from an 8MP camera), so I can easily need more than 10GB.)

Thanks for all your efforts, this is turning into a remarkable piece
of software!

--- Francis

--- In #removed#, Joost Nieuwenhuijse <#removed#>

http://us.click.yahoo.com/A77XvD/vlQLAA/TtwFAA/.Cr1lB/TM