Sender:Jacek Gancarson
Date/Time:2002-Oct-20 00:11:14
Subject:Re: [proj-imim] Re: Underwater Pan, flat or immersive ?

proj-imim: Re: [proj-imim] Re: Underwater Pan, flat or immersive ? Jacek Gancarson 2002-Oct-20 00:11:14
Hi,

Romuald/H. D. wrote
Ämne: [proj-imim] Re: Underwater Pan, flat or immersive ?

> > So the first think I made after I came to the pano site, I save the
image
> > and placed it in PTviewer in order to know little bit more about the
place.

> I did that too, for sure, but as Malcolm spoke about printings, I decided
not to present a dynamic view. And more ....

Sorry I missed Malcom's point. I apprecate

> > .....Sorry friends, I am totaly out in printing of panoramic canvases. >
>
> For printing, you don't have to try interpreting spatial info ( in this
case, anaglyph are better).
> I noticed that a lot of people are definitely disturbed by flat 360
prints, if you told them. But this remains my favorite way to
> share "true" images instead of "virtual". So I decided Not to tell : <
this image is a pano, look at the edges, they stitch ! >
> At least for landscape, the trick is only detected by panoramists or some
photographers. And those images are often interesting (apart
> subject), particularly the light, which provide some special caracter.

Of course printed panos are often great artistic works.
Panoramic photographs covering 100-130 degree horisontaly and 60-90
verticaly are natural extention of regular photo. I have simply not
experience of work with prints and have never thought about the composition
of such a pano. I am completly digital! For example, I suppose that in the
case of printed pano the order of  sequence of the images is very critical
for the composition, while in the case of dynamic view I don't need to
bother about it at all.

> The image Malcolm showed us is absolutely composed for printing.
>
> The 2 differents ways, flat or immersive,  are not opposed. I just think
that flat version lets you more freedom to express any
> message you want to tell.
> The immersive is An action, the flat is Your thought.

It is a good explanation. They are simply different matters.
Thanks
Jacek