Sender:'Keith Martin' keith@...
Date/Time:2015-Jan-13 12:35:36
Subject:Re: Game changer

PanoTools NG: Re: Game changer 'Keith Martin' keith@... 2015-Jan-13 12:35:36
On 13 Jan 2015, at 7:04, Roger D Williams #removed#
[PanoToolsNG] wrote:

> The trick is to take many frames--far more than needed for Wim's one
> camera approach--and take only a very narrow slice of each frame when
> building the final panorama.

How many slices are we talking about here? The process is not suitable
for raves or street demos, but I must admit those aren't the *only*
kinds of thing I shoot... ;)

> Typically, the examples I have seen use the video capabilities of the
> DSLR rather than still frames.

Do you think that's largely because of the overall quantity of data that
would be involved? Full HD is just 2 megapixels, which is ludicrous for
showing full-screen panos on modern screens. 4K is much better by
comparison, but it's still only around 8 megapixels ? not my kind of
wonderful. Oh boy, I seem to be talking myself into handling gigapixel
levels of data. :-/