Sender:Kevin Kratzke
Date/Time:2005-Sep-15 20:55:00
Subject:Re: Re: PTGui - Making Templates

PanoTools: Re: Re: PTGui - Making Templates Kevin Kratzke 2005-Sep-15 20:55:00
On Sep 15, 2005, at 1:49 PM, Erik Krause wrote:

> On 15 Sep 2005 at 15:06, terak1us wrote:
>
>> One thing is still not clear to me: The horizontal and vertical shift
>> parameters (d and e) are there to correct the off center position of
>> the lens and the sensor, right? So why would they change with each new
>> set of control points?
>
> In case of a digital camera they won't change much for the same focal
> length. If you use scanned images they change all the time due to
> different film alignment in the scanner.

Yes but 'd' and 'e' also help to account for mounting variations every
time you mount your camera to the panorama head.  I've recommended
users optimize 'd' and 'e' individually for hand held nadir shots.
That is, find one set of d and e for all the images taken while mounted
on the panorama head and then an individual d and e for the hand held
shot.  It works well in many cases.

Kevin Kratzke
Kekus Digital, LLC
www.kekus.com