Sender:terak1us
Date/Time:2005-Sep-16 01:22:17
Subject:Re: PTGui - Making Templates

PanoTools: Re: PTGui - Making Templates terak1us 2005-Sep-16 01:22:17

> Yes but 'd' and 'e' also help to account for mounting variations every
> time you mount your camera to the panorama head.  I've recommended
> users optimize 'd' and 'e' individually for hand held nadir shots.
> That is, find one set of d and e for all the images taken while mounted
> on the panorama head and then an individual d and e for the hand held
> shot.  It works well in many cases.
>
> Kevin Kratzke

Thank you Erik and Kevin, for your replies.
The various tutorials about optimizing for lens settings disagree on
some points. One thing that is still not clear to me: Is it better to
do the d and e optimizing with *only* d and/or e selected, or should
yaw, pitch and roll also be included in that optimizing step.?

Carel

http://us.click.yahoo.com/A77XvD/vlQLAA/TtwFAA/.Cr1lB/TM