Sender:Thomas John
Date/Time:2001-May-03 16:32:11
Subject:Re: How about a PTViewer plugin ?

proj-imim: Re: How about a PTViewer plugin ? Thomas John 2001-May-03 16:32:11
Hi Francois,

Netscape 6 at Win95/98/2000/NT is absolutely no problem with PTviewer. Haven't tried others and
was not aware of French Mac problems with PTviewer. However, I'd rather think that Helmut gets this
working, than to come out with a million of plugins that also won't work on a lot of computers.

Yes I do have plugins installed, but mainly to be able to see competitor's web sites and to tell our
customers that we are better because we really avoid using plugins as much as possible. ;-) For
instance, it took me trying out four different computers to be able to see the 360deg views at the
official Mercedes-Benz web site. One had no Quicktime installed - lost. The next two had Quicktime
installed, one had an older version - lost. The next one had obviously the right Quicktime version, but I
just saw a white image. This was on a friend's computer whom I really wanted to show those dreaded
panoramas. The fourth one worked - after I went through downloading that Quicktime **** which
apparently gets updated and out-dated every few months. Well, one out of four works, not bad.

I really must confess, I HATE those plugins ;-))

Thomas