Sender:Gummy Bear
Date/Time:2001-May-05 16:41:09
Subject:Re: Creating Simple Panorama

proj-imim: Re: Creating Simple Panorama Gummy Bear 2001-May-05 16:41:09
> I'm sure that most of the work can be automated by using Panotools, if I knew
> how to use it properly. I went over most of the tutorials I found and got the
> impression that they are only for people that:
>
>    * use fisheye lenses;
>    * create 360 deg. panoramas
>
> All I'm interested in is to create simple panoramas (maybe 120 deg maximal
> width) using ordinary zoom lens.

You can certainly use PTools for stitching partial panos, but it might
be a bit of overkill in your case (selecting control points, etc.)

Assuming all of your shots are all level and you used a farily
long focal length (> 50mm), I would probably just load them
into photoshop and try to align them manually.

You might also get satisfactory results using a program like
MGI PhotoVista.

I also understand that there that the new photoshop elements
program does limited stitching too, but I haven't tried it:

http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshopel/overview2.html

Best,

Gummy