Sender:Max Lyons
Date/Time:2001-May-05 17:17:19
Subject:Re: Creating Simple Panorama

proj-imim: Re: Creating Simple Panorama Max Lyons 2001-May-05 17:17:19
> You can certainly use PTools for stitching partial panos, but it might
> be a bit of overkill in your case (selecting control points, etc.)
>
> Assuming all of your shots are all level and you used a farily
> long focal length (> 50mm), I would probably just load them
> into photoshop and try to align them manually.

This might work...sort of.  You'll have more chance of getting something
decent if the focal length is a bit longer (say 150mm+), but even then it won't
be as good as doing it "the right way" using PTools.  Here's a graphical
illustration of why simply aligning images manually does not (in general)
work very well.

	http://tawba.tripod.com/panprob.htm

Here are some my partial panoramas stitched using PTools:

	http://www.erols.com/maxlyons

Max