Sender:Erik Krause
Date/Time:2005-Sep-13 12:27:49
Subject:Re: PTGui 5.0beta3

PanoTools: Re: PTGui 5.0beta3 Erik Krause 2005-Sep-13 12:27:49
On 13 Sep 2005 at 9:11, Joost Nieuwenhuijse wrote:

> A new beta of PTGui is now available at:
> http://www.ptgui.com/beta.html
>
> Most problems of the previous beta should be fixed now, and this version
> is much faster.

The blender works almost perfect now. Still have to test how it deals
with ghosts, but the visible seams have gone, the color correction
works good without overdoing it and it is very helpful that it works
ok on the single layers, too. Unfortunately this is still not
possible for enblend or smartblend.

However, there is no difference in the blended pano no matter whether
I have 'color correct layers' switched on or off if I use the PTGui
blender.

In my test case the (images taken tilted down) the single frames are
cut at the bottom now:
http://www.erik-krause.de/bilder/ptgui5b3.jpg
Enblended result (beta2):
http://www.erik-krause.de/bilder/enblend_test.jpg
Previous version (beta2):
http://www.erik-krause.de/bilder/ptgui5test.jpg

This evening I'll test it on a large pano with 33 images...

best regards
--
Erik Krause
http://www.erik-krause.de/