Sender:Joost Nieuwenhuijse
Date/Time:2005-Sep-13 12:48:15
Subject:Re: Re: PTGui 5.0beta3

PanoTools: Re: Re: PTGui 5.0beta3 Joost Nieuwenhuijse 2005-Sep-13 12:48:15
Erik Krause wrote:
> The blender works almost perfect now. Still have to test how it deals
> with ghosts, but the visible seams have gone, the color correction
> works good without overdoing it and it is very helpful that it works
> ok on the single layers, too. Unfortunately this is still not
> possible for enblend or smartblend.

Not yet. Is still on my list (maybe 5.01).

> However, there is no difference in the blended pano no matter whether
> I have 'color correct layers' switched on or off if I use the PTGui
> blender.

That's correct. The color correction is just the first stage of the
blending algorithm, similar to the lowest-pass blend in Enblend
(although it works slightly differently).

'color correct layers' only determines whether the original layers are
written to disk, or the layers with color correction applied. In the
latter case, the layes are adjusted such that the average brightness for
the stacked layers becomes approximately equal. The blended result will
be the same.

> In my test case the (images taken tilted down) the single frames are
> cut at the bottom now:

I see. Is it possible that you send me the project and images (reduced
size is fine)?

Thanks for testing
Joost

http://us.click.yahoo.com/T8sf5C/tzNLAA/TtwFAA/.Cr1lB/TM