Sender:Erik Krause
Date/Time:2005-Sep-13 14:40:02
Subject:Re: PTGui 5.0beta3

PanoTools: Re: PTGui 5.0beta3 Erik Krause 2005-Sep-13 14:40:02
On 13 Sep 2005 at 12:48, Joost Nieuwenhuijse wrote:

> > The blender works almost perfect now. Still have to test how it deals
> > with ghosts, but the visible seams have gone, the color correction
> > works good without overdoing it and it is very helpful that it works
> > ok on the single layers, too. Unfortunately this is still not
> > possible for enblend or smartblend.
>
> Not yet. Is still on my list (maybe 5.01).

Would be really good. As you can see from the example the lack of
color correction is the major flaw of enblend (besides it's
slowness). But once your blender is equal in quality (did you see the
seams on top of the dark frame image?) and capable of 16 bit there
certainly will be no need.

> > However, there is no difference in the blended pano no matter whether
> > I have 'color correct layers' switched on or off if I use the PTGui
> > blender.
>
> That's correct. The color correction is just the first stage of the
> blending algorithm, similar to the lowest-pass blend in Enblend
> (although it works slightly differently).

This means, that color correction can't be disabled if using the
PTGui blender? No problem as long as it works, but to my experience
all color correction techniques can produce very strange results in
certain cases. It would be good to have the possibility to switch it
off.

> > In my test case the (images taken tilted down) the single frames are
> > cut at the bottom now:
>
> I see. Is it possible that you send me the project and images (reduced
> size is fine)?

Is on the way...

best regards
--