Sender:Julian
Date/Time:2006-Mar-06 23:06:08
Subject:Re: Re: Long time lurker with 1DS pano questions

PanoTools: Re: Re: Long time lurker with 1DS pano questions Julian 2006-Mar-06 23:06:08
I have a question related to the quote below from Yuval...

At 08:33 AM 6/03/06, you wrote:
>In normal situations head precision is not an issue, so I would not
>recommend spending money on an expensive, pin-registered head. They anyway
>achieve 100% precision only in lab conditions and the software is so good
>nowadays that it can handle the little imprecision of the less expensive
>heads.

I have never understood the need for accurate registering of shots anyway,
since PTGui works from control points, not absolute position.  Many people
do great handhelds that obviously are not accurately located, so what is
the point of accurate pin-registered shots apart from minimising overlap
and making things a bit easier?

I ask this because I THINK it shows there is something I don't understand,
and I would like to!

Cheers

Julian