Sender:Luca Vascon
Date/Time:2006-Mar-08 12:15:16
Subject:Re: Re: Long time lurker with 1DS pano questions

PanoTools: Re: Re: Long time lurker with 1DS pano questions Luca Vascon 2006-Mar-08 12:15:16
Again, with my words...
A pin registered head allow to build a single template for every panorame
you shoot from the moment you position the camera on the head to the one you
remove it...
A full session with a single template.
Precision should allow you not to set a single CP, not manually nor
automatically, nor to optimize anything after the first project that
generates a template.
This is the dream, it is not 100% true!
When it is true? big panotours with a forgiveness in quality, for instance,
realestate works, serial works. In this case the promise is accomplished.
It is not precise enough for allowing state of the art picture from
template.
It do not reqire nor allow any adjustment... this means that you have to
tape the focus ring in place, or you 'll not be able to shot in very tight
places, or do "strange panorama things" with it. If you want to use more
than one lens to shoot panoramas, you will need more than one head...
This mean that for my everyday use it would be the wrong head to buy, a
complete mess!!
But if I had a commission of 300 panoramas for an hotel chain, I'd go to
find my friends in UK and make an adapted head to hold 20D+8mm nikkor and 2
cans of beer!!! ;-DDD