Sender:Yuval Levy
Date/Time:2006-Mar-08 14:06:59
Subject:Re: Long time lurker with 1DS pano questions

PanoTools: Re: Long time lurker with 1DS pano questions Yuval Levy 2006-Mar-08 14:06:59
panoramicsdk wrote:
> If your head is perfect and your template is correctly made you get perfect results.

true. these are _special_ conditions that are very easily broken.

> The large advantage is when you use Mac/PTMac/PTBatch
> You can prepare 50 panoramas in folders drop them into PTBatch and go to bed.
> Next morning you have them all perfectly done.

same thing with PTgui, and probably also with Autopano Pro (which is available for the Mac too), and most decent recent stitching tools. And _without_ pin-registered head.

> However the setup has to be accurate within 0.05 degrees.

This condition can be relaxed for PTgui in most cases. I will still need to run the optimizer on each project (something that you might not need when you prepare the 50 panoramas in folders) but with a template+optimizer it takes almost no time.

As far as I recall when I played with it, Autopano Pro would not even require to put the panoramas in folders. Just drop the whole bunch of individual shots on it and it will identify which belongs to which panoramas.

Yuv