Sender:panoramicsdk
Date/Time:2006-Mar-08 11:58:02
Subject:Re: Long time lurker with 1DS pano questions

PanoTools: Re: Long time lurker with 1DS pano questions panoramicsdk 2006-Mar-08 11:58:02
--- In #removed#, Julian <aaaardvark@...> wrote:

> I have done the old "manual" CP setting, and now I use the auto methods so
> I know what you are saying there.  What I don't understand is this - are
> you saying that the pin-registered systems allowed you to stitch the shots
> "blindly" so that seams and mis-registration were invisible?  My confusion
> is that it seems that unless they are PERFECT to within a pixel they don't
> actually achieve anything at all, you still have to set control points.
>
> Is this right?  I just don't see any time saving in these methods at all
> unless they are absolutely perfectly registered, horizontal etc.

If your head is perfect and your template is correctly made you get perfect results.

The large advantage is when you use Mac/PTMac/PTBatch
You can prepare 50 panoramas in folders drop them into PTBatch and go to bed.
Next morning you have them all perfectly done.

If you get errors they are errors which comes from Enblend. They will be there even if you
set perfect controlpoints.

However the setup has to be accurate within 0.05 degrees.
The large problem is to mount the Camera that accurate.
This is were most users fails. If you have got an error of 0.1 degree in the camera mount
after you made the template you have to change the template.

Hans