Sender:Kevin Kratzke
Date/Time:2006-Mar-08 14:01:08
Subject:Re: Re: Long time lurker with 1DS pano questions

PanoTools: Re: Re: Long time lurker with 1DS pano questions Kevin Kratzke 2006-Mar-08 14:01:08
On Mar 8, 2006, at 4:30 AM, Julian wrote:
>   What I don't understand is this - are
> you saying that the pin-registered systems allowed you to stitch
> the shots
> "blindly" so that seams and mis-registration were invisible?

That is the whole premise behind the 360Precision head.  Set it and
forget it.  All you have to do is check out the 360Precision forum to
see there are a lot of satisfied customers:

http://forum.360precision.com/360/forum/

An advantage precision heads have is they will not fail should there
be no features between a pair of images that would lend itself to a
control point such as clear blue sky, etc.  In those cases you would
need to manually set the image position whereas if you had a
template, the image is already in position.

Kevin