Sender:Fulvio Senore
Date/Time:2005-Sep-11 10:45:05
Subject:Re: QT 7.02 - minimum download 32 megs! :(

PanoTools: Re: QT 7.02 - minimum download 32 megs! :( Fulvio Senore 2005-Sep-11 10:45:05
It seems that with Quicktime 7 they removed the ability to download the
quicktime-only setup that was about 12 MB. I downloaded it a few days
ago when QT 6.5 was still available and it was not easy to find but
available.

Maybe you can still find it looking for
"quicktime 6.5" download
with google.

A possible link is
http://www.softwarepatch.com/internet/quicktime.html.

So it seems that in the next future people will have to download 32 MB
just to see a QuickTime pano. Since the download size of a native pano
viewer is less than 1 MB this makes me thing again about developing an
opensource native viewer. I am thinking about it since a long time: I
already have the code of the viewer core (FSPViewer) so it should not be
impossible to develop a multiplattform native viewer. All I need is some
other people to join...

Fulvio Senore

http://us.click.yahoo.com/T8sf5C/tzNLAA/TtwFAA/.Cr1lB/TM