Sender:Kevin Kratzke
Date/Time:2005-Sep-11 18:58:19
Subject:Re: Re: QT 7.02 - minimum download 32 megs! :(

PanoTools: Re: Re: QT 7.02 - minimum download 32 megs! :( Kevin Kratzke 2005-Sep-11 18:58:19
On Sep 11, 2005, at 11:15 AM, Ian Wood wrote:

> Meanwhile, back on topic, 32MB is appalling. Apple seem to be assuming
> that everyone on the planet has broadband.

That may be true for most Quicktime users.  Many of the VR sites I've
seen recently are going full screen and individual panoramas are at a
minimum 1.5+ MB and often are 2 or even 3 MB.  Now if a user is going
to view those scenes, they are going to have broadband.  That said, 32
MB is excessive.  Apple should make a 'minimum install' available
somewhere.

Kevin Kratzke
Kekus Digital, LLC
www.kekus.com