Sender:Mathieu
Date/Time:2005-Sep-13 17:57:31
Subject:Re: Re: QT 7.02 - minimum download 32 megs! :(

PanoTools: Re: Re: QT 7.02 - minimum download 32 megs! :( Mathieu 2005-Sep-13 17:57:31
Daniel,
I think you haven't well understand how our viewer works.
First of all, I want to say we are not using PTViewer or any line of
code from Ptviewer.
But, Immervision viewer works a little bit like PTViewer except that
panorama and gui informations are stored in XML files instead of the
html page.
The viewer is a java one, in a jar file, like PTViewer, and all files
(including the viewer) are stored  on the user web server.
We think xml files are interresting, because it's easy to understand,
write, and allow the user to use his panoramas with our java viewer, or
with any other viewer like PDA viewers, etc... It's not dedicated to be
used only with html pages. All files (xml file, images, etc...) can be
stored in a single file easy to manage and use.

On the other point, nothing communicate with our server. The parameter
"xmlns="http://www.immervision.com/panorama"" describe the name space
(XMLNS = XML Name Space) which is a unique identifier for an xml grammar
and identify in the same way a specific schema able to validate if this
xml file is correct. This is how xml files works. It's a standard way to
do such thing. This string in no way link to our web site. A java applet
with standard security rules is not able to communicate with other
servers than the one it comes from, so it's technicaly impossible for us
to track anybody, and we are absolutely not interrested in doing such thing.

I hope things are clearer now.

Regards

Mathieu

http://us.click.yahoo.com/T8sf5C/tzNLAA/TtwFAA/.Cr1lB/TM