Sender:Thomas Rauscher
Date/Time:2005-Sep-11 22:35:15
Subject:Re: Re: QT 7.02 - minimum download 32 megs! :(

PanoTools: Re: Re: QT 7.02 - minimum download 32 megs! :( Thomas Rauscher 2005-Sep-11 22:35:15
Hello Erik,

on Sunday, September 11, 2005, 22:04:50 you wrote:

EK> On 11 Sep 2005 at 1:35, terak1us wrote:

>> Now what about GLPanoview http://sinnfrei.at/glpanoview/ as an
>> alternative to quicktime? It is very small and plays qtvr with as only
>> limitation that it will not read compressed headers.

EK> As far as I understood GLPanoView works for Mozilla, Firefox and
EK> Netscape only.

No, this is not true. I also support IE but you can only view PangeaVR
panoramas with Mozilla/Netscape/Firefox because MAC OS doesn't have
ActiveX! The reason is, that the surrounding <object> tag, like for
Quicktime, is missing.

So you can make the page for all three plugins (glpanoview IE,
glpanoview Netscape, PangeaVR) with

<object
          classid="clsid:C8F23A13-3536-49D9-9708-A421DE358D6D"
          width="99%"
          height="90%"

<param name="src" value="http://bilder.sinnfrei.at/pano/mov/urania_171004.mov">
<param name="controller" value="true">

<embed type="graphics/pangeavr"
       src="http://bilder.sinnfrei.at/pano/mov/urania_171004.mov"
       type="graphics/pangeavr"
       width="99%"
       height="90%"
       controller="true"

</embed>
</object>

EK> I never got a chance to test it, BTW. Since I have QT
EK> installed it is used even for panoramas where the type is set to
EK> pangeavr or glpanoview...

This is not a bug, its a feature ;-)

>> And then there is SPI-V The nicest viewer, which needs a shockwave
>> plugin, also a lot smaller than 32megs.

EK> The best actually. The latest version supports slicing, not to speak
EK> of the effects it is capable of...

I have to confess, that this is true!

MfG,
     Thomas.