Sender:ilyin1drey
Date/Time:2005-Sep-11 21:25:29
Subject:Re: QT 7.02 - minimum download 32 megs! :(

PanoTools: Re: QT 7.02 - minimum download 32 megs! :( ilyin1drey 2005-Sep-11 21:25:29
Yes, the beauty of QTVR can be demonstrated with fullscreens, that's
why high-end panos are mostly represented this way.

But some of my potential clients are on the edge of simple curiosity
and they have not so wide broadband, so to say. I can persuade them to
download 12 megs just to have a look at my panos, and after they are
hooked I can feed them with 2-3 megs panos easily, but 32 megs is too
much.

I would be happy to have a chance to use alternative viewer which
would use all VR functionality of QTVR (hotspots, protection against
unauthorised editing) having less than 10 megs size.

Glpanoview has some problems with color rendering, in the polar areas
in particular, it doesn't support compressed headers and hotspots.
Being switched in the fullscreen mode  glpanoview makes my system to
forget about custom color profile loaded with adobe gamma loader
curve. It can't be used as alternative to QT, to my regreat.

> On Sep 11, 2005, at 11:15 AM, Ian Wood wrote:
>
> > Meanwhile, back on topic, 32MB is appalling. Apple seem to be
assuming
> > that everyone on the planet has broadband.
> >
> That may be true for most Quicktime users.  Many of the VR sites
I've

http://us.click.yahoo.com/A77XvD/vlQLAA/TtwFAA/.Cr1lB/TM