Sender:Yuval Levy
Date/Time:2006-Mar-03 05:21:37
Subject:Re: "Brocap" integration - please test

PanoTools: Re: "Brocap" integration - please test Yuval Levy 2006-Mar-03 05:21:37
Bert Vierstra wrote:
> If the "third party" would release the detection script as well, it would be
> nice....

If Nikon would give away 10.5mm fisheye lenses for free, it would be nice too.

The reference implementation downloadable at http://br.xenaura.com/ is designed to be failsafe. Before redirecting the user for detection, it checks if the server is available. If it is not, it takes a default settings. The timeout and the default settings are customizable - see documentation in the script. This check makes the detection slower by an average 200ms, but it makes it safer and is worth the trade off.

> I am sure Yuval has no malicious intent....

thanks for your trust. I am trying to offer a service here, and do so in a way that is beneficial to everybody involved. I would have done this thing anyway as it is part of my new business. The free service is a by-product that Xenaura, Inc. will be happy to sponsor as long as there is a need for it.

Yuv