Sender:Carlos Chegado - www.netlojas.biz
Date/Time:2006-Mar-03 12:23:47
Subject:Re: Re: "Brocap" integration - please test

PanoTools: Re: Re: "Brocap" integration - please test Carlos Chegado - www.netlojas.biz 2006-Mar-03 12:23:47
I like the idea of having the user choose the viewer.
The problem is when I look at statistics from the websites I have
running several viewers like FlashVR, QuickTime VR, Spi-V, and Java
viewers, 90% don't bother to choose the viewer, just click away on the
first image they see and take the Flash VR by default that I have set as
a fail safe, even if that gives them lower quality panoramas compared to
QTVR, Spi-V or Java, they just look at the Flash VR version and say wow,
they can't imagine that it can be better.
If I had choose to make the default other viewer, there would be a % of
people that just go away without seeing the panorama because they won't
understand what is happening.
This is different behavior from people visiting panoramas.dk because
there they go after the panorama and probably even download the 30MB or
so Quicktime just to watch your wonderful panoramas.
The websites of our customers are not made to show off panoramas but
rather can use panoramas to sell something else and this is what matters.

Carlos Chegado

Olho de Peixe Lda