Sender:Yuval Levy
Date/Time:2006-Mar-03 15:18:22
Subject:Re: "Brocap" integration - please test

PanoTools: Re: "Brocap" integration - please test Yuval Levy 2006-Mar-03 15:18:22
Bert Vierstra wrote:
> On 3/3/06, Yuval Levy <#removed#> wrote:
>> Bert Vierstra wrote:
>>> Your script however passes the control over my own site to yours.
>> what control is passed to my site?
>

> At a certain point in your script you call the script on your own site with
> the originating host as a parameter.

The script is on your site. You can modify it. You decide when you want to send your user for detection. I have no control of what you send me. If you are paranoid about your statistics, you could send me each user a random number of times or you could only send me half your users. Whatever: you are in control. At no point in time the brocap server takes control. You decide when you pass the user to the brocap server and where it is sent back.

The originating host (or more precisely, the whole originating URL) is required for the detection server to know where to send the user back after the detection is completed.

Yuv