Sender:Erik Krause
Date/Time:2006-Mar-03 11:22:45
Subject:Re: "Brocap" integration - please test

PanoTools: Re: "Brocap" integration - please test Erik Krause 2006-Mar-03 11:22:45
On Friday, March 03, 2006 at 8:25, panoramicsdk wrote:

> > Brocap is integrated as PHP-script which catches the URL, checks the
> > browser cababilities and decides, if the panorama should be shown in
> > Quicktime or handed over to a dynamic convertion into SPi-V or DevalVR.
>
> BAD BAD BAD
> Very Bad idea
> Forget everything abut script like this.

Why so harsh?

> If you want to use different plugins it is the user who should Choose.

I agree. BUT: First of all it should be known what technologies are
available on client side. This is the job Brocap does. If Bernhard
choose to automatically use one of the installed technologies it is
his concern. There is always the possibility to show a list of
available viewers.

However, the average arm chair travel user does not want to bother
with viewer technologies, he wants to view locations - conveniently
and in the best available quality.

best regards

--
Erik Krause