Sender:Yuval Levy
Date/Time:2006-Mar-03 05:36:54
Subject:Re: "Brocap" integration - please test

PanoTools: Re: "Brocap" integration - please test Yuval Levy 2006-Mar-03 05:36:54
Bruce wrote:
> Yuv ~
>
> 	I am on a Mac OS X 10.4.5; Safari v2.0.3; Quicktime 7.0.4 and when I
> went to "Gisela: View from the bridge to Traunkirchen"  I got a
> shockwave pano loading - not QT.

Thanks for the feedback Bruce, I can confirm. I looked again at the Birdcap code that I wrote for Bernhard. On newer Macs it will use ShockWave first. Only on older Macs it will use QuickTime first. And on older PCs as well. ShockWave is known to be more resource-intensive than QuickTime.

Every site-operator who integrate brocap/birdcap on its site can choose the order of priority for four classes of clients:
- modern Windows
- modern Mac
- legacy Mac
- legacy Windows, Linux, Unix and other exotic clients

Yuv