Sender:peter_winkler_01
Date/Time:2006-Mar-03 11:20:51
Subject:Re: "Brocap" integration - please test

PanoTools: Re: "Brocap" integration - please test peter_winkler_01 2006-Mar-03 11:20:51
> There is a large difference between Bernard site. and some 680x480
Real Estate
> panoramas which is what this was developed for.
>
> Quicktime - SPiV and DevalVR are very different in performance.
> You have viewers who have a 500mhz PC with a 4 mb videocard, others
have a super
> computer with 256mb video.
> And also the different plugins demands different amounts of RAM.
> People do not have 4 gb ram as many of us have.

You're right, but what I experience is, that the users don't test.
They are not paid for testing, (I hope) the web developers are.

They leave the site immediately and you'll never see them if the
first option does not work. (They don't think:
'Uhh, I made something wrong, I'm so stupid that I don't know
what QuickShock means, I'll try it with TimeWave' :-) )

But I would definitively choose another plugin order (Starting with QT
and maybe Java)

Peter