Sender:Carlos Chegado - www.netlojas.biz
Date/Time:2006-Mar-03 12:07:53
Subject:Re: Re: "Brocap" integration - please test

PanoTools: Re: Re: "Brocap" integration - please test Carlos Chegado - www.netlojas.biz 2006-Mar-03 12:07:53
Hans,

While I don't really like the way the detection was implemented by
Yuval, I think there is a value in providing a way for our panoramas to
be shown using what ever plugin is available on the client machine
rather then force a plugin download just to view panoramas like in
Panoramas.dk.
The problem is different audiences, the people flocking to panoramas.dk
are different than the regular Joe searching for houses to buy on
voxcasa for example.
Any way, this script have to be improved in dealing with search engines,
in providing choices of viewers to be made by the user watching the
panoramas if he don't want or don't like some viewer like Spi-V, there
should be a way to let this user choose another plugin and have this set
as a cookie for the future on his browser, and change back if he wants
overriding the brocap settings.
We should all provide as much feedback as possible to Yuval to see if he
can improve this detection script as much as possible for the good of all.
In the end, Yuval is right in saying that nobody is forced to use the
brocap script!

Os melhores cumprimentos,

Carlos Chegado

Olho de Peixe Lda